Jazz Arts & Blues Festival - Fine Arts
You are invited to apply for acceptance to the 2015 Jazz Art and Blues Festival , Live Oak, Florida to be held October 24, 2015. Our goal is to celebrate the talents of our finest local and regional artists, as well as provide the public with the highest quality of selected art and music. The site, historic downtown Live Oak, Florida, is located on the Suwannee River and is in close proximity to Gainesville, Tallahassee, Jacksonville and Valdosta, Ga. Live Oak patrons and community leaders involved in the event are committed to provide an inviting and welcoming environment for all selected participants. We are further committed to quality marketing focused on art communities and major population centers. For more information about Live Oak, Florida and the Community Redevelopment Agency, see: www.liveoakfestivals.com or www.cityofliveoak.org Jazz, Art and Blues Festival is a current event with incredible jazz, art and blues. Our reputation for providing both quality art and entertainment will continue as we create an atmosphere of fun and relaxation for festival attendees and participating artists.
- September 15, 2015 - Postmark deadline for application
- September 20, 2015 – Notification of Acceptance
- October 1, 2015 - Booth assignments and information packets mailed. Deadline for cancellation.
- October 23, 2015 – Plein Air Paint Out 9:00 – 5:00
- October 23, 2015 – Wine and cheese reception, Wet Paint Sale and Silent Auction at the Art and Frame Shop from 6 - 9 p.m.
- October 24, 2015
- Art venue in Millennium Park 11:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Silent Auction ends 6 p.m.
- Jazz and Blues Performances 1 p.m. – 11 p.m.
- No commissions will be collected on sales.
- Prize money has been committed to the Arts.
- Festival is open to all regional (Florida, Georgia and Alabama) artists 18 years or older.
- Each artist is asked to donate a quality and representative piece of original and ready to hang art for our silent auction. This donation is considered your application fee. Proceeds to benefit the Live Oak Artists Guild, Inc. whose members are donating their time and talents to the success of the Jazz Art and Blues Festival. For more information about Live Oak Artists Guild log on to blogspot.com to read our goals and missions statement.
- Commercially produced work from kits or imported art and goods MAY NOT be exhibited. No craft items; all artwork must be original in concept, design and executed by the submitting artists.
- All artwork being presented must be consistent with the work presented at jury application.
- Booth set up is from 9 – 11 a.m. October 24th. All exhibit spaces must be assembled by 11 a.m.
- All booths must be disassembled the evening of October 24th no earlier than 7:00 p.m. We invite you to stay and finish out the evening enjoying the music and festival atmosphere.
- Each exhibitor is provided with a 10 x 10 space.
- Artists must provide their booths, racks, and tables in order to display their work in an outdoor environment
- Booth spaces will be assigned based on festival needs and spectrum of media presented.
- Booth spaces will be on level grass or pavement, but leveling devices are suggested based on the artists needs.
- Artist must staff their booth at all times for the duration of the festival. Sitters will be supplied upon request for breaks.
- Please leave your pets at home. Service animals are always welcome.
- There are no electrical drops available. No generators please.
- Artists are responsible for collecting and reporting the 7% Suwannee County / Florida sales tax.
For more information, please contact Anda Chance, 386-330-2424 or CLICK HERE to email for additional information.
Guidelines for Submitting Digital Images
- Submit 2 color images of your art work. No slides or digital images please. Images must accurately represent your original work to be exhibited. Additionally, submit one image of your tent / display art presentation. Label this image – “Display”.
- All images must be JPEG format with medium compression.
- Images should be no larger than 1024 x 768 pixels.
- Label each image on the CD with your last name first, first initial and image number. (Example – Jones. T. / 01.image) All images should be numbered 1 – 4 and no titles.
- Write your name clearly and the title J.A.B. on the CD in permanent marker.
- Please place your CD in a paper sleeve and mail in a padded or cardboard package. For CD return, please provide a suitably stamped and sized return package already labeled with your return address.
- No internet connections to personal websites will be accommodated as part of the jury process.
Jurors select artists to participate based on submitted images. Jurors include individuals with experience as working and award winning artists, gallery owners and festival directors. Jury selection is based on technical proficiency, individual style, personal vision and originality as well the spectrum of the media presented in the festival as a whole.
To Register Online, Fill Out The Form Below
[wufoo username=”youthadvocacy” formhash=”z1wsmluo1ssgm9d” autoresize=”true” height=”1550″ header=”show” ssl=”true”]